The novel is set in London in AD 2540 (632 A.F. in the book), where the world is controlled by a totalitarian government. The novel portrays a society in which people are genetically modified and conditioned to be content with their social roles.
Aldous Huxley‘s Brave New World is a novel about a future society where people are born into predetermined social classes and are kept in line through a strict system of control. The government uses drugs, entertainment, and mind–control techniques to keep the population in line.
Brave New World Book Summary
Brave New World is a novel written in 1931 by Aldous Huxley and published in 1932. Set in London in the year AD 2540 (632 A.F.), the novel anticipates developments in reproductive technology, sleep–learning, psychological manipulation, and classical conditioning that are combined to create a controlled
In the future, the World State has eliminated war, poverty, and unemployment. Its citizens are happy and content thanks to a strict regimen of drugs, sex, and entertainment. Bernard Marx is not content. He finds the government‘s control over its citizens oppressive and the constant consumption of pleasure numbing. When he meets a woman named Lenina Crowne, he is intrigued by her free–spiritedness and her lack of regard for the World State‘s rules. Bernard and Lenina begin a secret affair, and he introduces her to a group of intellectuals who share his views.
These dissidents believe that the World State is not living up to its potential and that humans are capable of more than the government is allowing. Bernard and his friends hatch a plan to overthrow the government and create a new society based on their own ideals.
Download Brave New World PDF by Aldous Huxley
- Brave New World PDF by Aldous Huxley
- Page: 224
- Format: pdf, ePub, mobi, fb2
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
Download your books from the links provided below:
- How to Be Both Novel PDF by Ali Smith
- The Metamorphosis PDF by Franz Kafka
- Ethan Frome PDF by Edith Wharton
- The Masque of the Red Death PDF by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Midwife’s Apprentice PDF by Karen Cushman
- Dune PDF by Frank Herbert [Free Download]
- The Death of Ivan Ilych PDF by Leo Tolstoy
- The Idiot Novel In PDF By Elif Batuman
- Turtles All The Way Down PDF Novel By John Green